Dr. Anil Bhan MBBS, MS, MCh
About him: Undoubtedly one of the world’s leading cardiovascular surgeons. He is also bestowed with the honour of performing the first successful heart transplant in India, back in 1994. There are more than 50 surgical instruments to his name, which he has designed and developed. There is hardly any medical practitioner in India who can math his expertise in the field of Aortic surgery. He has a vast treasure trove of 37 years of experience in his field.
Qualification and training:
- MBBS from Srinagar medical college back in 1981.
- MS in General surgery from PGI Chandigarh in 1984.
- MCh in cardiothoracic and vascular surgery from the prestigious AIIMS, New Delhi in 1988.
Work Experience: Dr Bhan is a professor of medical science at the prestigious AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science) since 2004. He is also a consultant at Max super specialty hospital in Saket, New Delhi.
Specialty and experience: Dr Bhan has performed more than 15000 cardiac and vascular surgeries till date with immense success rate. His specialty lies in the field of Pediatric cardiac surgery, Valve repairs and Peripheral Vascular Surgery.
Membership & Certifications:
- Life member of the prestigious Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons.
- Member of the Delhi chapter of CSI; he is also the member of Cardiothoracic Surgical Network (USA).
- Life member of Pediatric Cardiac Society of India.
- Delivered the prestigious P.K Sen Orations speech at the CT conference of 2009.
- As a surgeon performed complex bypass with aneurysm repair surgery of an 18 months old patient in 2007
Received harmonic scalpel for the harvest of radial/internal mammary artery conduits.