About him: Dr. Naresh Treshan is one of the world’s leading authorities in cardiovascular and cardiac surgery. He is the Chairman and Managing Director of Medanta – the Medacity. He is the driving-force behind this institution, which is the world’s one-of-a-kind hospital specializing in cardiac, cardiovascular and cardiovascular surgery.
Qualification & Training: Received his MBBS degree from the KC Medical College, Lucknow in 1968. He received his diploma certificates from the American Board of Surgery, USA and the American Board of Cardiothoracic Surgery, USA in 1977 and 1979, respectively.
Work Experience: He has over five decades of experience in the field of cardiovascular surgery and has over 48,000 successful open-heart surgeries to his credit.
Specialty and Experience: His specialty and expertise lies in cardiothoracic surgery, cardiovascular surgery, minimally invasive cardiac surgery and heart transplant.
Membership & Certification:
Ex-President of the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons, USA; the Scientific Council of the American College of Angiology, USA
- Board of Directors of the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- The editorial board of the Journal Heart Surgery Forum.
- Council for the Association of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons of Asia
- European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Key Advisory Group of the Ministry of Healthy and Family Welfare, Government of India
- Task Force on Skill Development of the 11th Five-Year Plan of the Planning Commission, Government of India
- Council governing TIFAC
- Institute Body for the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences
- Governing Council of Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology.
Current Chairman of Confederation of Indian Industries-Healthcare Industry
Committee President of the Indian Health Care Federation
Vice-Chairman of Services Export Promotion Council
Honor and Awards: He is a recipient of the prestigious Padma Bhushan (2001) and Padma Shri (1991) awards from the Government of India for his distinguished service to medicine. He is also the recipient of the Dr. B. C. Roy National Award (2005), Life-Time Achievement Award (2002), FRACS (Honorary, 2002), AMA Physician’s Recognition Award (2001), Rotary Ratna Award (1996), Rajiv Gandhi National Unity Award (1995) and the India International Gold Award (1995).