Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) is most common procedure for heart blockage in India and havealmost 100% success rate in good hospitals. Before going for CABG, It is mandatory to confirm how many arteries are blockages by Angiography (CAG). I am sharing the most common causes of heart problems but remember some
people have by birth heath defect so there is not a particular or known reason for blockage. As per medical sciences, main causes for congenital heart blockage are due to autoimmune disease such as lupus which is reach to a child from his/her mother’s umbilical cord or heart
didn’t develop correctly in womb. We will try to find out the causes of heart blockage which developed later in life;
1. During the any type of previous surgery, can be a cause for cardiac defects, as sometimes the electrical system of heart didn’t work properly
2. Arteries are damaged by previous heart attack which can becaused by spasm of a coronary artery. Due to spasm in coronary arteries blood circulation restricted its function to supply blood to the heart.
3. Changes in your genes can also a cause of arterial blockage.
4. Cardiac disease like heart failure or arterial plaque or infection of heart muscles. Heart failure is usually happen due to cardiomyopathy or coronary artery disease.
5. High blood pressure and high cholesterol also damage the heart arteries
6. Muscular disorders and other diseases
7. Side effects of some medication
NOTE: We would like to add here that a right side of arterial blocked is usually not a serious problem and medical
management will be the good choice, but an arterial blockage on the left side needs urgent care and intended follow-up to avoid a higher risk of coronary artery disease, or some other heart problem.